My Biblically based opinion on all things. Political, Social, Cultural, Spiritual, etc...
"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." The Romans 15:4 Project
Mick Dobra

Monday, July 20, 2009

For my son: "Faith, Family, Others" the official site of Albert Pujols

My son has a new "ding bat!" That's what he calls aluminium bats after hearing them at his older cousins baseball game. He's three and a half, and he nearly took my head off with a line drive, and it wasn't even off the tee, but from a pitch!

One of our favourite players is Albert Pujols, because he puts his faith and family first!

This is what I want my son to learn:

1. Too many people make their love of a sport or team an idol before God!

2. Too many professional and college athletes are terrible role models and we should not pay tribute to those who's character does not deserve it no matter how good they are at the game.

3. That we should respect and admire players for their character no matter what team they are on!

4. We are Christ followers first, and all else second.

I praise God for role models and witnesses like Albert Pujols, and I pray my son will learn these lessons well.

"In the Pujols family, God is first. Everything else is a distant second. . ." www.pujolsfamilyfoundation.org



Heart of an Athlete



{ Bible Knights } { The King } { The Sword } { The Quest } { The Fellowship }

{ The Chaplain } { The Project } { The Vision } { The Blog }


All Scripture links by BibleGateway.com Unless otherwise noted.

To Subscribe, { Click Here } and Check the newsletter box in the message.

To UnSubscribe, { Click Here } and write "UnSubscribe" or "take me off" in the message.


No comments:

Post a Comment