My Biblically based opinion on all things. Political, Social, Cultural, Spiritual, etc...
"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." The Romans 15:4 Project
Mick Dobra

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mid-Week Devotional - Luke 6:12

Read: Luke 6:12 - 7:10

Scripture

Luke 6:12

One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God.” (NIV)

During those days He went out to the mountain to pray and spent all night in prayer to God.” (HCSB)


Observation

Jesus had an important decision to make, which twelve of His disciples would He call to be apostles (v. 6:13).

And how did Jesus prepare for this important decision? He prayed. He prayed all night to God the father.


Application

How do you prepare for important decisions? Do you give your hopes, dreams and ambitions over to God and pray to Him for guidance when you come to a point of making a choice?

I don’t think I have ever spent a whole night in prayer. Maybe I should! How many decisions have I rushed into in my life? Oh boy, way too many!

Let’s practice giving God all of our decisions and praying to Him for guidance. We must still take action based on all of our other faculties, but we must also go before God and ask for His will and His blessing.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for Jesus Christ, our High Priest, who intercedes on our behalf. Because of Him we can be assured that you hear our prayers. Lord, help me to put prayer into greater practice as I make important decisions in my life. In Jesus Christ’s name I pray – Amen.




Amazon Honor System

Click Here to Pay
Learn More

* I need your help. . . find out more! *



[ Anonymous Donation ][ Subscribe for Updates ]
[ Join the Prayer Team ]


All Scripture links by BibleGateway.com Unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment