My Biblically based opinion on all things. Political, Social, Cultural, Spiritual, etc...
"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." The Romans 15:4 Project
Mick Dobra

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

If We're Adding to the Noise. . .

Turn Off This Song!

The title is from the SwitchFoot song “Adding To The Noise”

I recently commented to some brothers in Christ how there was too much noise surrounding some decisions I had to make. This Switchfoot song nails the problem perfectly!

I need to focus on the spiritual disciplines of simplicity, stillness, and solitude. (Foster)

Ahh, that’s no easy task for someone like me that fits into the “activist spiritual pathway!” (Ortberg)

But, I’m going to be obedient and with the help of my brothers, and the strength of the Holy Spirit, I think I can stick to it and be transformed for the glory of God and the advancement of His Kingdom.

Mid-Week Devotional: Luke 5:16


Works Cited:

Foster, Richard J. “Celebration of Discipline” 1998.

Ortberg, John. “God is closer than you think”. Zondervan. 2005.

Switchfoot. “Adding To The Noise”. The Beautiful Letdown.


[ Anonymous Donation ][ Subscribe for Updates ]
[ Join the Prayer Team ]

No comments:

Post a Comment